From U.S. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s office….
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. First votes expected 1:20-2:20 p.m. Last votes expected 4:00-5:00 p.m.
One Minute Speeches
H.R. 3522 – Employee Health Care Protection Act of 2013 (Closed Rule, One Hour of Debate) (Sponsored by Rep. Bill Cassidy / Energy and Commerce Committee / Ways and Means Committee)
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 5057 – EPS Service Parts Act of 2014, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Cory Gardner / Energy and Commerce Committee)
2) S. 276 – A bill to reinstate and extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project involving the American Falls Reservoir (Sponsored by Sen. James Risch / Energy and Commerce Committee)
Postponed Suspension Votes:
1) H.R. 2678 – Designating the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10360 Southwest 186th Street in Miami, Florida, as the “Larcenia J. Bullard Post Office Building” (Sponsored by Rep. Joe Garcia / Oversight and Government Reform Committee)
2) H.R. 4751 – To make technical corrections to Public Law 110‐229 to reflect the renaming of the Bainbridge Island Japanese American Exclusion Memorial (Sponsored by Rep. Derek Kilmer / Natural Resources Committee)
3) H.R. 5161 – E-LABEL Act (Sponsored by Rep. Bob Latta / Energy and Commerce Committee)
Special Order Speeches
COMMITTEE ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
Homeland Security Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security hearing on “One Flight Away: An Examination of the Threat posed by ISIS Terrorists with Western Passports” (Wednesday, September 10th, at 10:00 a.m.)