The past two days have not been good for U.S. Senator Mark Warner since it was reported in the Washington Post his alleged connection concerning former Democratic State Senator Phil Puckett (see Warner discussed job for Puckett’s daughter by Laura Vozzella):
The son of a former Virginia state senator has told federal investigators that U.S. Sen. Mark R. Warner discussed the possibility of several jobs, including a federal judgeship, for the senator’s daughter in an effort to dissuade him from quitting the evenly divided state Senate.
Warner was part of a string of high-powered Virginia Democrats who in early June pressed then-state senator Phillip P. Puckett not to go through with plans to give up his seat in the middle of a bitterly partisan battle over health care.
That revelation may add a layer of debate watchers tonight to see if the subject comes up and, if it does, how Warner will respond. The People’s Debate will be at 7:00 p.m., hosted by the League of Women Voters of Virginia and AARP Virginia. Watch parties are planned statewide or the debate can be seen on the following:
- Charlottesville : WCAV (CBS), WHTJ (PBS)
- Harrisonburg: WVPT (PBS)
- Norfolk: WVEC-TV13 (ABC), WGNT (CW), WAVY (NBC) streaming on WAVY.COM, WHRO (PBS)
- Richmond: WTVR-TV(CBS6), WWBT (NBC) streaming on nbc12.com, WCVE (PBS)
- Roanoke: WDBJ-TV (CBS) delay broadcast on October 18th, 8:00-9:00 pm, My19 (My Network -WDBJ’s other channel), WBRA (PBS)
- Northern Virginia/DC: WHUT (PBS), Channel 32, WVPT channel 51. Cable subscribers need to check their cable listings to determine the correct cable channel.
- Nationally: C-SPAN
Follow along on Twitter with #VASenDebate.