By Lynn R. Mitchell
Dominion has scheduled the next round of informational open houses for the Atlantic Coast Pipeline. These informational, come-and-go open houses will be identical to the ones that occurred in September, with display tables staffed by subject matter experts, project overview and county-level maps showing the updated proposed route and informational materials about the environment and other topics of the project.
This will be the first open house since Dominion made its pre-filing notification on Oct. 31 with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, asking it to begin its environmental review of the 550-mile Atlantic Coast Pipeline project. FERC representatives are expected to attend each of the open houses.
The open house for Augusta County will take place on Tuesday, January 20, at Expoland in Fishersville.
Here is the schedule of all open houses. Locations and the times will be posted on the Atlantic Coast Pipeline web site.
|Tuesday, Jan. 6||Cumberland County, N.C.|
|Wed., Jan. 7||Johnston County, N.C.|
|Thursday, Jan. 8, mid-day||Northampton County, N.C.|
|Thursday, Jan. 8, evening||Dinwiddie County, Va.|
|Monday, Jan. 12||Chesapeake, Va.|
|Tuesday, Jan. 13||Blackstone, Va.|
|Wed., Jan. 14||Lovingston, Va.|
|Thursday, Jan. 15||Monterey, Va.|
|Tuesday, Jan. 20||Fishersville, Va.|
|Wed., Jan. 21||Randolph County, W.Va.|
|Thursday, Jan. 22||Lewis County, W.Va.|
- Atlantic Coast Pipeline: Better ways to the same end by Supervisor Tracy Pyles
- Dominion, environmentalists, and pipeline hypocrisy by Joel Salatin
- Augusta County: Too valuable and vulnerable for this pipeline? by former Supervisor Nancy Sorrells
- Dominion’s Growth – What, Why, How, and Controlling Features by Calvin Lucy
- The Dominion Pipeline Maze by Kurt Michael
- Schedule for 2015 Dominion Atlantic Coast Pipeline open houses from Dominion
- Myths & facts about Atlantic Coast Pipeline from Dominion
- Dominion Virginia Power pipeline in Augusta County by Supervisor David Karaffa
- Augusta County residents organize against pipeline by Supervisor David Karaffa
Previous articles on the pipeline:
- What if Dominion Virginia Power ran high speed internet with Atlantic Coast Pipeline? by Lynn R. Mitchell
- Governors McAuliffe, Tomblin, McCrory provide bipartisan support for Atlantic Coast Pipeline by Lynn R. Mitchell
- Business community, public officials support Atlantic Coast Pipeline by Lynn R. Mitchell
- Augusta supervisors deliver resolution asking for more info, Dominion says 75% of landowners in pipeline path agree to surveying by Lynn R. Mitchell