We all collaborated and when it was finished and everyone had contributed their dishes, we ended up with a bountiful feast for Thanksgiving dinner: Roast chicken, spiral ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, very veggie garden salad with dressing, fresh steamed kale with red wine vinegar, cranberry sauce, stuffing, yeast rolls, chocolate pie, and pecan tarts. (See also ‘Twas the day before Thanksgiving … Virginia family traditions.)
Fun was had by all … food, drink, board games, Charlie Brown Christmas, and Facetime with SWAC Daughter and her husband who are on the Gulf in Florida with the in-laws for Thanksgiving. No shopping. Today was for family.
Tomorrow … sales and more time with family. Enjoy!
More Thanksgiving posts:
– Augusta County Thanksgiving Eve snow
– Thanksgiving ‘Fun With Taters” from Hoops & Yoyo
– Thanksgiving 2003: President Bush pardons Stars and Stripes
– 7th Annual Salisbury Turkey Waddle
– Happy Thanksgiving from LynnRMitchell.com