Jesse Matthew was officially charged today with first degree murder of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham (see Charlottesville man charged in Hannah Graham’s killing).
For many, it’s a sigh of relief. For police, it caps months of tedious investigation. For the community, it is hoped a monster has been stopped. For Hannah’s parents, whose hearts will forever hold their missing child, perhaps this will provide a tiny bit of closure. Emphasis on tiny.
Back story links:
– UVa student Hannah Graham missing
– Albemarle law enforcement statement on Hannah Graham investigation
– Jesse Matthew arrested in Galveston, TX
– Coy Barefoot and the site where Hannah was found
– Parents remember Hannah, thank all who helped search, ask for privacy to grieve their loss