Okay, Virginia, it’s our turn in the ongoing 2016 presidential process and, on top of that, we’re one of 12 states who will vote on Tuesday aka Super Tuesday, March 1. It’s easy to vote because it is just like any other election day. Here’s what you do.
- Go to your regular polling place where you vote every election.
- Polls will be open 6am – 7pm.
- Have a picture ID (and your voter registration card, if you know where it is).
- Poll workers will ask if you are voting in the REPUBLICAN or DEMOCRAT primary. Both will be taking place at the same time.
- Don’t forget your “I Voted” sticker!
Below are the candidates who will appear on the ballot. Strike-throughs have ended their campaigns but the names remain because they originally qualified to be on the ballot.
Candidates on the Virginia Democratic ballot
Martin J. O’Malley
Candidates on the Virginia Republican ballot
John R. Kasich
Congratulations … you have exercised your freedom to vote and be a part of the process of selecting a 2016 presidential candidate. See you again in November!