From the Jeb Bush for President 2016 campaign:
Today, the day before the deadline to submit signatures for the Virginia ballot, the Washington Post reported, “Republican heavy hitters join Jeb Bush’s campaign in Virginia.”
This strong show of support for Jeb Bush comes after he submitted over 10,000 signatures on November 18, twice the amount needed to qualify for the Virginia ballot. The full list of support is below.
“Jeb Bush is the leader this country needs, and the Commander in Chief I want in the Oval office to protect my family and this nation,” said State Senator Ben Chafin, of Russell County. “Further, Jeb understands Southwest Virginia and the challenges our families are facing. He has an energy plan that embraces domestic coal production and will put people back to work.”
Governor Bush has been to Virginia three times in the past few months, including an appearance in Bristol in September to help raise money for the Senate Republican Caucus. He also recently attended a candidate’s forum hosted by Pat Robertson at Regent University in Virginia Beach.
“When the primary is over, there is only one candidate who is capable of defeating Hillary Clinton, and that is Jeb Bush,” said State Senator John Watkins, from Chesterfield.
This support comes in addition to Jeb’s previously announced Virginia Co-Chairs: Kay Coles James, former Virginia Secretary of Health; Eric Cantor, former House Majority Leader; and John Hager, former Lieutenant Governor of Virginia, and other lawmakers including Jerry Kilgore, former Attorney General of Virginia.
I am proud to be part of the Jeb Bush for President team of supporters in Virginia.
Additional Jeb Bush Supporters in Virginia:
· Veronica Angulo, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· Graves Anthony, Chair, Hampden-Sydney College Republicans· Peggy Armentrout, Chair, Charlotte County GOP· Barbara Bowie-Wittman, Grassroots Activist, Alexandria City· Conrad Brinkman, College Republicans, Longwood University· James Burton, College Republicans, UVA· Victor Cabral, Business Leader, Arlington County· Brenda Campbell, Fmr. President, Virginia Federation of Republican Women, Henry County· Delegate Jeff Campbell, Virginia House of Delegates, Smyth County· Senator Ben Chafin, Virginia Senate, Russell County· Spencer Chaplain, College Republican, Ferrum College· Maggie Cleary, Vice President, Federalist Society, UVA Law· Linwood Cobb, Fmr. Chair, 7th District GOP Committee; Fmr. Member, State Central Committee, Henrico County· Ray Connor, Commissioner of Revenue, Chesapeake City· Chandler Crenshaw, Fmr. Chair, William & Mary College Republicans· Richard Cullen, Business Leader, Richmond City· Alex Owen Davis, Grassroots Activist, Radford City· Tom Farrell, Business Leader, Henrico County· Peter Finocchio, Former Chairman, UVa College Republicans, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· David Fonseca, College Republicans, Liberty University· Renee Fonseca, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· Heywood Fralin, Business Leader, Roanoke City· Dennis Free, Ret. Undersheriff Virginia Beach City; Ret. VBPD Police Captain, Virginia Beach City· Marvin Gilliam, Business Leader, Washington County· Bill Goodwin, Business Leader, Henrico County· Barbara Greiner, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· Marianne Horinko, Fmr. Acting Administrator of the EPA under President George W. Bush, Fairfax County· Tyler Johnson, Fmr. Chair, William & Mary College Republicans· Rear Admiral Jack Kavanaugh, Ret. USN; President, Downtown Norfolk Republican Club, Norfolk City· Harry Kelso, Grassroots Activist, Henrico County· Jay Lacano, Fmr. Chair, ODU College Republicans· Caroline Lane, Ret. USN; Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· Ethan Lane, Grassroots Activist, Alexandria City· Anna Lee, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· Jorge Lozano, Grassroots Activists, Fairfax County· Shirley Miles, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· Elizabeth Minneman, Immediate Past Chair, College Republican Federation of Virginia· Lynn Mitchell, Fmr. Member, State Central Committee, Grassroots Activist, Augusta County· Tim Nank, Grassroots Activist; Fmr. Candidate, Virginia House of Delegates, Fairfax County· Sheila Noll, Member, Board of Supervisors, York County· Nina Ovieda, Community Leader, Arlington County· Eric Philipkosky, Grassroots Activist, Richmond City· Susan Ralston, Fmr. Special Assistant to President George W. Bush, Culpeper County· Dan and Sonia Runde, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· Isabel “Izzy” Santa, Fmr. RNC Hispanic Communications Director, Arlington County· Colin Sapko, Treasurer, George Mason College Republicans· Don Scoggins, Fmr. Candidate for Occuquan Supervisor, Prince William County· John Scott, Immediate Past Chair, Young Republican Federation of Virginia· Kathy Simmons, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· Gerrie Smith, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· Mark Smith, Grassroots Activist, Loudoun County· The Honorable John Snow, Fmr. Secretary of the Treasury, Richmond City· Theresa Speake, Fmr. Assistant Secretary, Department of Energy, Fairfax County· Phillip Stucky, College Republican, UVA· Mauricio Tamargo, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· The Honorable Nick Taubman, Fmr. U.S. Ambassador to Romania, Roanoke City· Breccan Thies, College Republican, University of Mary Washington· Greg Thies, College Republican, UVA· Tamara Thies, Grassroots Activist, Charlottesville City· Thomas Turner, Chair, Western Tidewater Young Republicans; Vice-Chair, Suffolk City GOP, Suffolk City· Rick Valentine, Grassroots Activist, Fairfax County· Adam Washington, 1st CD Young Republican Representative; Fmr. Chair, Fredericksburg-Area Young Republicans, Stafford County· Senator John Watkins, Virginia Senate, Chesterfield County· Kristi Way, Member, State Central Committee, Henrico County· Rick West, Member, City Council, Chesapeake City· Fay Williamson, Fmr. President, Virginia Federation of Republican Women· Neb Yegezu, College Republican, NVCC, Fairfax County
- State Co-Chair, Eric Cantor, Fmr. Majority Leader, United States House of Representatives
- State Co-Chair, Kay Coles James, Fmr. Member of the Virginia State Board of Education
- State Co-Chair, John Hager, Fmr. Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- Jerry Kilgore, Fmr. Attorney General of Virginia
- Delegate David Yancey, Virginia House of Delegates
- Delegate Terry Kilgore, Virginia House of Delegates
- Delegate Will Morefield, Virginia House of Delegates
- Delegate Bobby Orrock, Virginia House of Delegates
- Sheriff Ken Stolle, Virginia Beach City
- Debbie Ritter, Member, City Council, Chesapeake City
- Stephanie Zemanek, College Republican, University of Richmond
*titles for identification purposes only