This is our first year-end review at LynnRMitchell.com. We started up eight months ago as a group blog, providing daily posts that include opinion, information, and humor about politics and many other issues. It’s been a good year. Our readers have included everyone from politicos to homeschool moms to friends and neighbors. We are generally right-of-center but promote rational thought and discussion as part of the dialogue with our contributors and guest writers.
During our eight months, we’ve published over 900 posts from our four regular contributors — Kurt Michael who is our managing editor, David Karaffa, Daniel Cortez, and Lynn R. Mitchell who is executive editor — as well as 23 guest writers. Our very first guest writer was Mike Thomas whose post zoomed to the top of the ratings and helped launch us into the blogosphere.
The Top 5 posts for 2014 covered a variety of topics:
– Dr. Rob Marsh … Delta Force soldier finds peace as country doctor
– Augusta County’s Dennis Burnett passes away
– Summer 2014 … 40 things to do in and around Staunton, Virginia
– Louisa tea party chairman wins 7th Congressional District chair
– WSJ: ‘Health Care and the $20,000 bruise’
The next five posts were just as varied:
– Afton’s 2014 Bethlehem Village and the greatest story ever told
– Unaccompanied Child Immigrants in Verona, Virginia
– Sabato: ‘This is not a good development for Mark Warner’
– Did judge in McDonnell trial have conflict of interest?
– Kay Coles James for RPV chairman: A visionary for the future of the party
We have been read all over the country and around the world, thanks to our readers and contributors, and we’re looking forward to what 2015 will bring. We hope you’ll continue the journey with us. Happy New Year!