From Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s office….
TUESDAY, JANUARY 10th
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. First votes expected: 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Last votes expected: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
One Minute Speeches
H.R. 79 – HALOS Act (Structured Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Steve Chabot / Financial Services Committee)
The Rule provides for one hour of general debate and makes in order the following amendments:
Rep. Maxine Waters Amendment (10 minutes of debate)
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
2) H.R. 288 – Small Business Broadband Deployment Act (Sponsored by Rep. Greg Walden / Energy and Commerce Committee)
3) H.R. 321 – Inspiring the Next Space Pioneers, Innovators, Researchers, and Explorers (INSPIRE) Women Act (Sponsored by Rep. Barbara Comstock / Science, Space, and Technology Committee)
4) H.R. 255 – Promoting Women in Entrepreneurship Act (Sponsored by Rep. Elizabeth Esty / Science, Space, and Technology Committee)
5) H.R. 239 – Support for Rapid Innovation Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. John Ratcliffe / Homeland Security Committee)
6) H.R. 240 – Leveraging Emerging Technologies Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. John Ratcliffe / Homeland Security Committee)
7) H.R. 274 – Modernizing Government Travel Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Seth Moulton / Oversight and Government Reform Committee)
8) H.R. 39 – TALENT Act of 2017 (Sponsored by Rep. Kevin McCarthy / Oversight and Government Reform Committee)
Special Order Speeches